Ilya's Ideas


Hello! I’m Ilya, I'm six years old and this is my first entry for Ilya’s Ideas. I’m always making stuff so my mum and I thought we could show you interesting things I like to make. We get our ideas from lots of places...books, magazines, the internet, my head, or Mum’s head. Oh and we love to recycle things and turn them into something fun!

This week I made some ALIEN EYES! We found this idea in the Tiny Mammoth magazine (issue 1).



You will need:

An egg carton, scissors, aluminium foil, paint and a small paintbrush, ribbon or elastic, stapler

Extras: glitter paint, sparkly gems, stickers….or anything else you want to add to your alien eyes


What to do:

1.     Cut out two egg sections from the egg carton. Ask an adult to help you with all the cutting

2.     Cut out two holes at each base for you to see through




3.     Cover your eyes with aluminium foil and make sure to wrap it around the eye holes carefully. Aliens love using foil for stuff!




4.    Paint the rim of the eyes - try not to let your hand wobble too much when you’re painting

5.     If you want to you can decorate the eyes with any other alien looking stuff. I stuck plastic sparkly gems on mine with craft glue but my friend left his without any sparklies and they looked really cool



6.     Staple ribbon or elastic to the inside of the eyes and tie around your head. Woohoo! It’s alien time!











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...